How to Order, Delivery, Payment & Returns
Postage & Shipping
- We are pleased to be able to offer free packing, shipping, and insurance on every piece we send to UK mainland. If you live outside this area then feel free to contact us prior to any purchase for a personal shipping quotation – email@example.com. Once we have your specific location we will then be able to provide a quote for you to confirm, before we ship.
- We professionally pack pieces in house and ship using either Royal Mail, Parcelforce, UPS or Fedex depending on the size of the item in question for our shipments. For freight shipments of large pieces we use Mark Richardson, an independent courier who operates a blanketed service. All piece prices listed on the website are inclusive of the courier services named above so the price you see is the total price you will pay.
- All items will be shipped within three working days from receiving the order (assuming all credit checks are cleared).
- We will notify you as soon as the item has been shipped with any tracking numbers available.
- If paying by credit card, we can only ship to the billing address of that card. However with some credit card companies you can add extra addresses to your account to enable the shipping to a third party or business address.
- We comprehensively insure all items until the item is received or signed for.
- Please satisfy yourself with any regulations, import tax and duties for the country of destination of your order.
- All items can also be collected from us by request.
How to Order
- The web: www.doeandhope.com You're here. Our user-friendly and fully secure website.
- By phone: +44 (0)7729 213013
- By fax: +44 (0)1767 640995
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit and Debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron and American Express via our secure online Worldpay gateway checkout.
- Cheque - Made payable to Doe and Hope. Post to: Doe & Hope; The Onion Barn, Shoe Cottage, 15 High Street, Blunham, Bedfordshire, MK44 3NL.
- BACS Transfer – Details on request.
- Cash - We are happy to accept cash if you decide you wish to collect from us.
Guarantees, Returns & Refunds
- Unless otherwise stated in the description of an item, we guarantee that all our wares are sold without damage or repair, and, where applicable, with Hallmarks that are clearly readable.
- With every item purchased you will receive a receipt, detailing the date or circa date of manufacture, a full description and the price paid. This receipt should be kept for your records and for insurance purposes.
- If, in the unlikely event you find an item has been miss-described, for example in attribution, period, or maker, we will happily to refund you the full purchase price and any costs for shipping or postage, providing we are notified of the defect in writing within 7 days of receipt of the item. If an item is sold with a discount of over 10% we have the rights to refuse any refund.
- If we could ask that you inspect your order as soon as it arrives, and in the event your item is damaged during shipping to notify us immediatley with photographs of the packaging, and of the item itself. The shipping company is ultimately responsible to reimburse you for any damage that occurs during shipping and will reimburse any restoration costs on receipt of a repair invoice, though we will take care of this process for you. In the event that the item is not repairable, or not suitable for restoration and needs to be returned, then we cannot be held accountable to fund, or be responsible for, the return shipment. Once the return is duly received we will issue the refund.
- None of the above affects your statutory rights as a United Kingdom consumer.
Unless agreed with us in writing on sale we are at liberty to charge £1 per day plus VAT for storage of unclaimed items, commencing 14 days from the date payment was received. We will store your item free of charge for you for 14 days from purchase. Longer periods of free storage for purchased items can be discussed but must be agreed at the time of sale.