Period: Late 20thC
Height: 57 inches (on castors)
Width: 44 inches (at widest point, to include handles) or 38 inches wide (the shelves)
Depth: 22 inches (at maximum) or 11.25 inches (the shelves)
The five pine plank shelves morphing into six positions to include a table and back again, with all shelves remaining horizontal and load-bearing, the old penny bronze finished frame with brass plate edgings, and the whole using a graduated sprung notched steel handle and the whole standing on removable castors for manouverability.
The waxed shelves have a nice colour and the whole remains in super condition as does the painted old penny bronze iron supports. Each position is stable and the action is smooth.
A similar metamorphic table display shelf was patented in 1893 and 1896 and manufactured using a wooden frame by the Combination Table Company of Indianapolis, which moved to Bryan, Ohio, where it was bought by Yesbura Manufacturing Co, which moved to Toledo. From c1905 to c1920 it was made by Yesbura as part of a range of superior shopfittings for use by bakers, pharmacies, hardware and general retail stores.
These were made to go and have fun with. Hugely versatile.